The rolls of SJI include outstanding iris specialists, gardening experts and horticulturists with interests in many kinds of ornamentals, but the Society is primarily for the amateur gardener who enjoys growing Japanese irises.
SJI Membership brings you…
- An informative culture sheet, free to new members, on raising Japanese irises.
- The SJI Review, with 2 issues each year averaging 54 pages of interesting feature articles on iris varieties, culture, hybridizing, exhibiting, and many other iris subjects.
- A wide range of activities at the national, and local level, including the national meetings, conventions, garden tours and round robin corresponding groups, display gardens, exhibitions, and special programs for the enjoyment of SJI members.
- Up to the minute information on award winning irises, and the privilege of voting in the “Annual Popularity Poll” of favorite irises.
- A library and slide collection offering various books and publications, which can be rented by members. Helpful sources for assistance with your technical problems in culture and hybridizing, or in finding rare species, out of print articles, and valuable hybridizing records.
You are cordially invited to become a member of the SJI. You can join either by regular mail, using this SJI printable Society for Japanese Irises Membership Form or online via PayPal with a PayPal account.
Please do not use the Credit Card or Debt Card lower half of button, PayPal only.
Annual: Single $10.00/ Dual $12.00/ Youth $4.00
Overseas: Single $20.00/ Dual $24.00/ Youth $8.00
Triennial: Single $25.00/ Dual $31.00/ Youth $9.00
Overseas: Single $50.00/ Dual $62.00/ Youth $22.00
If using PayPal to join or renew your membership, please make sure you have a PayPal account before you begin this process. The following steps are an overview of the process:
- Select your membership option, click the box directly under One Year Membership or Three Year Membership
- Click Donate with PayPal
- You will proceed thru the PayPal checkout. During checkout you will be asked for a “Ship To” name and address. This will be your membership name and address so please make sure it is correct.
If you experience any problems with the process, or have questions, please contact the Society for Japanese Iris Membership Chair. Replies are usually quick, but occasionally the membership chair is out visiting iris gardens on the other side of the country! Comments and suggestions are welcome also.
- Memberships run from Jan 15th to Jan 15th.
- Youth membership is under 19 years of age.
- Overseas memberships are anywhere outside the United States, Canada or Mexico.
- Dual memberships receive only one subscription to The Review but include all other benefits for both members such as 2 votes in the popularity poll.